Support The DaPONTE String Quartet
Why Support the Quartet
“I can honestly say that the DSQ, the workshops, all of it, has changed my life in ways that I could only begin to dream about.”— Alison, participant in the Adult Chamber Music Workshop
“The [high school] workshop was intensive and rewarding. The location was beautiful, the food was great, but the best part was the opportunity to learn from world-class performers.” — Shannon, 17
“We are about to move out of state and I wanted to tell you that you four and your music are difficult to leave. You have been one of the best things about living here. We’ve missed almost no performances, and they’ve truly been a highlight of our lives here.” — Bath resident
“I’ve been listening this morning to the Beethoven Opus 132, and I think it’s an absolutely beautiful, truly inspired recording that you have made of the piece.”— Composer Richard Danielpour (from whom we have commissioned a major new work)
These comments sum up exactly what the DaPonte String Quartet bring to our state: outstanding education opportunities for musicians young and old; unforgettable performances, one after another; and high calibre recordings and collaborations with world class artists.
The problem becomes, how do we top last year, which featured:
- Our 25th Anniversary Gala with Awadagin Pratt as guest artist;
- Performances at the Washington, DC Arts Club and Goucher College;
- Master classes with students from Gould Academy in Maine to a Washington DC School of Performing Arts;
- Welcoming our first out-of-state “Bridge” students to the High School Workshop;
- Commissioning a new string quartet from renowned composer Richard Danielpour
- A benefit concert for a fledgling group dedicated to supporting young would-be string players in Western Maine.
The answer is simple: we have set ourselves even higher goals! In the next few months, here are just a few of the things we’re planning:
- a Spring FanFare Season Kickoff at Bowdoin’s Studzinski Hall, with guest artist Peter Serkin;
- the world premiere of Mr. Danielpour’s string quartet, featuring special guest readers like beloved Maine poet Richard Blanco; and
- continued free mentoring to young string players and free school presentations across Maine.
Please give as generously as you can to help us reach these goals. Ticket revenue covers only a fraction of our costs—the rest comes from you! Giving online is easy: simply click here.
How to Support Us
There are many ways you can support the work and mission of the DaPonte String Quartet.
Through a tax-deductible gift:
1. By Credit Card:
Click that Donate button!
2. By Check:
Friends of DaPonte String Quartet
P.O. Box 401
Damariscotta, ME 04543
3. By Gifting Securities
Please call First National Wealth Management (866-563-1900) for detailed instructions.
Thank you very much!
The String Quartet could not exist without volunteers. You are warmly invited to work with Friends of DaPonte String Quartet. Meet new people who share your enthusiasm for the DaPonte Quartet and appreciation of chamber music.
There are many different areas and ways to become a working Friend:
Program Book Production
*Get free tickets to the concerts!